Provider Relations Specialist - New York
The Provider Relations Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining strong and dependable relationships with our participating providers offices. Regularly communicate policies, procedures and processes, anticipate and responds to Provider educational needs on daily basis.
- Act as a Provider advocate and liaison between Provider and the organization
- Daily interactions with participating provider offices with regards to: creating and sending treatment authorizations, reconcile outstanding authorizations, answer claims submission calls, and monitors the provider relations central inbox
- Documents and updates clinic treatment protocols on quarterly basis
- Educate providers regarding policies and procedures related to authorizations, claims submission, patient’s eligibility and covered benefits.
- Cultivate provider network relationships through superior provider service and compassionate attitude towards our member’s experience.
- Help identify all drivers of provider dissatisfaction retroactively and proactively. Solve issues with management.
- Contribute ideas for changes of internal processes to suit the evolving needs of a growing provider network
- Take shifts in provider relations call center including occasional evenings
Position Success Criteria
- Attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and “connect dots”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify, build strong relationships and utilize resources effectively
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction on multiple endeavors at once
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ health care experience related to provider relations or customer service
- Medical Billing and/or health care claims experience required
- Evidence of critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint & Word (Microsoft products)
Progyny is a leading fertility benefits company that combines service, science, technology and data to provide comprehensive value based fertility solutions for self-insured employers. Progyny’s benefit plans are designed to improve outcomes, shorten time to pregnancy and reduce total fertility-related costs. Progyny is privately held and is headquartered in New York, NY, with operations in San Francisco.
- An amazing team of talented people who care about creating solutions to help others.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Friday lunches
- Our kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, drinks, and snacks