Desktop Support Technician
The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide first line support for all on site and remote employees. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. Ideally the individual will have worked in a fast paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail and in person.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible escalating incidents to the IT Manager when necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and telecommunications equipment. (certifications from CompTIA or Microsoft are a plus).
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
- Maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all users are met with professionalism and incidents are handled in a timely manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Maintain asset inventory.
- Basic knowledge of Office 365/Google Apps/Active Directory a huge plus.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- A highly motivated team player with skills around desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems (PC/MAC) and network connectivity.
- Motivated to grow in the industry.
- Flexible approach to work hours.
- Work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities.
Progyny is a leading fertility benefits company that combines service, science, technology and data to provide comprehensive value based fertility solutions for self-insured employers. Progyny’s benefit plans are designed to improve outcomes, shorten time to pregnancy and reduce total fertility-related costs. Progyny is privately held and is headquartered in New York, NY, with operations in San Francisco.
- An amazing team of talented people who care about creating solutions to help others.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Friday lunches
- Our kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, drinks, and snacks