We are looking for a junior accountant who will be responsible for providing accounting support in all areas of Accounting/Finance.
What you'll do...
- Timely and accurate application of daily payments received against outstanding invoices in the General Ledger. In addition, apply cash application against outstanding Member invoices
- Accurately report Member cash received by Month
- Produce and record Provider payment reports on a bi-weekly basis
- Reconcile payments in GL accounting system vs. AP subledger
Other Month End Procedures:
- Bank reconciliation for all AP bank accounts
- Prepare and record journal entry for monthly T&E
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Assist outside auditors with quarterly and annual audits
- Process semi-monthly payroll for all employees (hourly and salaried) including verifying employee’s hours worked
- Provide routine monthly reports requested from payroll
- Manage 401k enrollment, deductions, garnishments and PTO accruals
- Review and analyze monthly changes in salary, wages, taxes, and benefit expenses
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local payroll law
- Partner with the human resources team to ensure payroll and related deductions are accurate and be able to identify any errors/discrepancies
- Undergraduate degree in accounting is required as is knowledge in GAAP accounting.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in accounting
- Experience in health insurance company is preferred
- Advanced level Excel skills
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications (including Word, and PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment and to multi task
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Proven ability to adapt and work to meet deadlines
- You must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others.
Progyny, is the best-in-class provider of fertility and family-building benefits. We’re improving outcomes, shortening time to pregnancy and reducing total fertility-related costs by providing a comprehensive, inclusive, effective value-based fertility benefit that combines clinical and emotional guidance and support, science, technology and data. We work with industry leaders who recognize the importance of providing equitable access to a robust family-building benefit. Today we support over 1.5 million lives and have over 500 clinic locations in our premier provider network.
Our mission is to make any member’s dream of parenthood come true through a healthy, timely and supported fertility journey. Come join a fast-growing company that’s been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Customized employee career development program
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Childcare reimbursement program for emergency situations
- Parent’s group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation, sick and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Weekly office events
- Company social events
- Sit/stand desks
- Stocked kitchen
Progyny is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.